Name Change Instructions

Home   >  Office of the Registrar   >  Name Change Instructions

Name Change

Students who need to have their official name changed must fill out the Change of Name Form and bring proof along with a photo ID (Passport or Driver’s License) to the Office of the Registrar.

Documents verifying a name change must be original, legal documents or certified copies.

Acceptable documents are:

  • Marriage license
  • Divorce documents
  • Naturalization papers
  • Passport
  • Court Order
  • Birth Certificate (Birth certificates are acceptable only for correcting spelling errors)

To change a married name back to a maiden name, legal documentation other than a birth certificate must be provided.

International Student Name Changes

In addition to providing the above documentation, International students must also first obtain a signature on the Change of Name Form from their International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) advisor. ISSS is located in Building 21, Room F, 3rd floor. Once the signature is obtained, the form may then be submitted with the legal documentation to the Office of the Registrar at the School of Law, Room A210.

P.O. Box 248087,
Coral Gables, FL 33124

Phone: 305-284-4825
Fax: 305-284-1793