Miami Law's Moot Court Ranked 13th in the Nation
The Charles C. Papy Moot Court Board is currently ranked No. 13 in the country among ABA-accredited school boards. This win is a three-rank improvement over last year, in which Miami Law ranked No. 16 in the nation.
- The team of Darci Cohen, Jennifer Hammit, and Doug Stamm (coached by Barnaby Min) competed in the Pace National Environmental Law Competition in White Plains, NY. They finished in the top 27 out of 77 teams, having reached the Quarterfinal round. Darci won best oralist in one of the preliminary rounds. The team also won Best Brief in the Intervenor category, and has a chance for their brief to be published in the Pace Law Review.
- The team of Kaylee Cox and Mohamed Hajii, coached by Richard Jones (a MCB grad), competed in the George Washington National Security Competition in Washington, D.C., and finished as Semifinalists.
- The team of Ted McNamara and Chris Bogren were champions of the ABA Regional Negotiation Competition, receiving perfect scores. They advanced to the National competition in Atlanta, GA, and reached the semifinals.
- The team of Daniel Casamayor, Kara Romagnino, and Jake Monk, coached by Harvey Sepler, competed in the National Appellate Advocacy Competition in Boston, MA. The team won Best Brief and finished as Octofinalists.
- The team of Eric Olson and Casey Dieck, coached by Adrian Felix (a MCB grad) competed in the Tulane Sports Law Competition in New Orleans, LA. Eric was the fourth best oralist of the competition, and the team finished in the top 16 out of 36 teams.
- The team of Melissa Goldman, Alicia Kobasky, and Scott Perry (coached by David LaValle) competed in the Ruby Vale Corporate Law competition at Widener Law School in Delaware. The team came home as champions and Melissa won as Best Oralist.
- The Moot Court Board sent two teams to the Conrad B. Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition in Queens, NY. Both teams were coached by Prof. Patricia Redmond. The team of Joshua Marcus, Jake Greenberg, and Eva Spahn finished as Quarterfinalists (top 8 out of 47 teams). The team of Kayla Leland, Emily Horowitz and Claudia Brea finished as Octofinalists (top 16 out of 47 teams).
- The team of Manny Arce and Daniela Torrealba, coached by Jessica Laleh (MCB Alum), competed in the Constance Baker Motley Constitutional Law competition and finished as Quarterfinalists (top 8 out of 30 teams).
- The team of Nichole Geary and Eric Eves, coached by Harvey Sepler, finished as Octofinalists (top 16 out of 46 teams) at the San Diego National Criminal Procedure competition.