Commencement takes place twice a year in the fall (December) and the spring (May). Please continue to check these pages for specific graduation information.
Letter from Dean VanderWyden About the Graduation Ceremony
Your name has been included on a list of students who are close to completing requirements for graduation. If you are planning on completing your degree by May or August 2017, this message is meant for you. If you are graduating later, please disregard these instructions—we'll get back to you!
The Graduation Checklist is provided for your convenience. It is imperative that you read it carefully and adhere to all the deadlines given therein. The Commencement Ceremony on May 11 represents the culmination of your long journey. You should make plans to be there with your family and friends. It will be a special day.
Also, mark your calendar for the following important events:
- application deadline for May 2017 graduation
- mandatory meeting February 16 with Dean White regarding Commencement;
- exit interview with the Career Development Office
- the events of Bar Week, February 13-16;
- sessions regarding financial aid issues and Bar Exam preparation;
- commencement ceremony, and the
- graduation reception in your honor.
Also, please get everything else on the Checklist accomplished in a timely manner. As always, we are here to assist you at any time. Come and see me – if I can be of any help to you in completing these final steps.
With all best wishes, I am
William P. VanderWyden
Assistant Dean for Professional Development