Take Home Exams: Instructions & Procedure
Some examinations are given in-class and others are take-home. This is solely at the discretion of the faculty member. Faculty may give different types of take-home examinations. Some may be schedule for 8 hours on the scheduled exam day, others may be of varying time limits scheduled throughout the exam period.
All take-home exams administered by The Office of the Law Registrar will be done using the Exam4 take-home feature. No exams will given out on paper or returned to the office after being printed out. Electronic submittal through Exam4 is mandatory.
Take Home Exam Procedure
This is a step by step process for accessing the take-home examination files online.
- Go to www.exam4.com - Do not use icon that you use for in class proctored exams.
- Click on "Law Schools"
- Click on "Florida"
- Click on "University of Miami School of Law" – The exam or list of exams will appear at top of page.
- Click on Exam you wish to take.
- You will be asked for your Exam ID Number, which is your anonymous grading number enter it and click continue.
- Follow the instructions for viewing the exam question. You may of course print the exam question. The timer begins once you’ve viewed the exam, you must keep track of your time.
- Type your answers in a Word document. Please put your AGN on your document. No cover sheet prints with your exam.
- You may open and close the exam4 program.
- Return to this same site to upload your Word document exam answer when you are done. Do not email your exam to the professor. If you have problems email email@example.com.