Now in its 26th year the Bankruptcy Skills Workshop continues to present a unique perspective on consumer bankruptcy practice in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida. The full-day program is ideal for attorneys regardless of level of bankruptcy experience, and offers useful information on local practice in the Southern District of Florida and an opportunity to meet colleagues in a relaxed atmosphere.
DATE & TIME
Friday, June 3, 2016
The Storer Auditorium at
“How to Basics” Program Focus
Attorneys new to the field and seasoned practitioners benefit from the program’s format of panel discussions followed by question and answer segments.
- Chapter 7 segment on preparation of bankruptcy schedules and exemption planning, due diligence and documents for supporting exemptions, and litigation and negotiations with Chapter 7 Trustee.
- Chapter 13 panels on starting a chapter 13 practice, interviewing client, screening clients for the MMM program, the new bankruptcy forms, means test, and Chapter 13 Trustees’ guide for attendance at 341 meeting of creditors and confirmation hearings.
- Judges View from the Bench on bankruptcy related decisions from the U.S. Supreme Court and developing case law in the Southern District of Florida.
- Southern District Bankruptcy Clerk of Court and deputy/judicial assistant panelists on filing and calendaring tips, submission of orders, and Guidelines for Courtroom Decorum, and digital audio recording (DAR) requirements.
- Bankruptcy Ethics panel on permissible, problematic and prohibited attorney conduct.
Fees & Registration
Registration fees support the Louis Phillips Scholarship Fund. Course materials, lunch, and parking are included in the cost of registration. Take advantage of early registration for a discounted price! We look forward to you joining us in the 26th Annual Bankruptcy Skills Workshop.
Early Registration Fee (by May 6, 2016): $290.00
Registration Fee (After May 6, 2016): $320.00
Miami Law Alumni Registration Fee: $290.00
Government Employee Fee: $25.00
Materials (Password Protected)
The Hon. A. Jay Cristol, Chief United States Bankruptcy Judge Emeritus, Southern District of Florida; Barbara L. Phillips, Esq., Jerry M. Markowitz, Esq., Kelly K. Roberts, Esq., and Daniel N. Gonzalez, Esq.
All proceeds from the Workshop will benefit the Louis Phillips Scholarship Fund at the University of Miami School of Law.