Now in its 26th year the Bankruptcy Skills Workshop continues to present a unique perspective on consumer bankruptcy practice in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida. The full-day program is ideal for attorneys regardless of level of bankruptcy experience, and offers useful information on local practice in the Southern District of Florida and an opportunity to meet colleagues in a relaxed atmosphere.
Friday, June 3, 2016; 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Storer Auditorium at
University of Miami School of Business
5250 University Drive
Coral Gables FL
CLE: 7.5 FL CLE credits, including 1.0 in ethics pending approval
“Back to Basics” Program Focus
Attorneys new to the field and seasoned practitioners benefit from the program’s format of panel discussions followed by question and answer segments.
- Chapter 13 panels on case analysis, followed by issue spotting and a guide for attending confirmation hearings.
- Chapter 7 segment on preparation of bankruptcy schedules and exemption planning, motions for stay relief and managing client expectations, and emerging hot topics in Chapter 7.
- Judges View from the Bench on bankruptcy related decisions from the U.S. Supreme Court and developing case law in the Southern District of Florida.
- Bankruptcy Ethics panel on permissible, problematic and prohibited attorney conduct.
- Southern District Bankruptcy Clerk of Court and deputy/judicial assistant panelists on filing and calendaring tips, submission of orders, and Guidelines for Courtroom Decorum, and digital audio recording (DAR) requirements.
Registration fees support the Louis Phillips Scholarship Fund. Course materials, lunch, and parking are included in the cost of registration. Take advantage of early registration for a discounted price! We look forward to you joining us in the 26th Annual Bankruptcy Skills Workshop.
Registration link will open on March 7, 2016
Early Registration Fee (by May 6, 2015): $285
Registration Fee (After May 6, 2015): $315.00
Miami Law Alumni Registration Fee: $285.00
Materials (Password Protected)
The Hon. A. Jay Cristol, Chief United States Bankruptcy Judge Emeritus, Southern District of Florida; Barbara L. Phillips, Esq., Jerry M. Markowitz, Esq., Kelly K. Roberts, Esq., and Daniel N. Gonzalez, Esq.